LifeExtension Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ® | 120 capsules
Back in year 2001, we at Life Extension™ faced a dilemma. Potent nutrients had been discovered to counteract undesirable age-related changes. Yet the cost of the individual ingredients was too high. So we combined these nutrients into one formula so consumers could obtain them at an affordable price.
Over the years, the published data about the amino acid taurine has grown enormously. In addition to protecting cardiac function, taurine has demonstrated powerful brain-boosting effects that include enhancing neurites1 and promoting new brain cell formation.2
These new findings indicate that taurine is more important to supplement with than acetyl-l-carnitine arginate. In addition, taurine costs much less than acetyl-l-carnitine arginate.
So we’ve re-formulated the popular Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer using taurine and reduced the retail price over 20%.
Aging is characterized by inflammation, glycation, mitochondrial decay, and loss of cellular structure/function. Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer provides the following nutrients to help neutralize these changes:
- CARNOSINE: As humans age, proteins in their bodies become irreversibly damaged by glycation reactions. Glycation can lead to alterations of normal cell function. Carnosine is a powerful anti-glycating agent, and protects neurons against reactive and cytotoxic protein carbonyl species associated with normal aging.3-7
- PQQ: This micronutrient has been shown to trigger the growth of new mitochondria in aging cells!8 PQQ also activates genes involved in protecting the delicate structures within the mitochondria.9-12
- LUTEOLIN: Systemic inflammation is involved in most consequences of aging. Culprits behind inflammatory reactions are pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Luteolin is a flavonoid that has been shown to help suppress these inflammatory cytokines.13-17
- BENFOTIAMINE: Benfotiamine blocks multiple destructive biochemical pathways, including AGEs’ formation pathway,18-22 which is induced by higher than desirable blood glucose levels.23 Benfotiamine can activate glucose metabolism and promote already healthy blood glucose levels. In addition, benfotiamine exhibits direct antioxidative capacity and supports DNA function.24
- PYRIDOXAL 5’-PHOSPHATE: Aging results in the formation of advanced glycation end products throughout the body. Pyridoxal 5’-phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6 that has been shown to protect against both lipid and protein glycation reactions.25-28
- R-LIPOIC ACID: Destructive free radical activity in the mitochondria plays a major role in the loss of cellular vitality. A microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced® R-lipoic acid facilitates youthful mitochondrial energy output while guarding against free radicals.29-33
- TAURINE: This free amino acid supports whole-body health and boosts new brain cell formation in the area of the brain connected to learning and memory.1